The ASAM Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Course covers all evidence-based practices and medications for treating patients with opioid use disorder.
The ASAM Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Course is designed for:
• Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and healthcare team members working with patients with opioid use disorder.
• Physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who wish to obtain a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine in office-based treatment of opioid use disorder.
• Blended – four hours live, four hours online
- Four hours of live learning
- Four hours of self-paced online learning to be completed within 45 days of live course
Course faculty are expecting learners to complete the first portion of the course before attending the live portion. This 4 hour online/4 hour live blended training satisfies eight hours of education requirements for providers to qualify for a DEA DATA2000 waiver. NPs and PAs can qualify after completing an additional 16 hours provided by ASAM free of charge.
Complete instructions and registration can be found HERE.