This course is for any nurse planning to take the CHPN Certification exam. The CHPN exam was designed for experienced hospice and palliative registered nurses.
Registrants will be required to submit a Letter of Commitment, co-signed by their supervisor, to attend both days of the course and take the exam within six months.
Upcoming CHPN Certification exams are in March and June 2019.
DATES & DETAILS
- Two, 2-day courses available: January 28-29 & February 14-15
- Textbook and Study Guide Provided
- Eligible for CE Credit: 16 for two full days
- Classes will be held at Alaska Regional Hospital but are open to nurses from any healthcare facility
- Limited availability. *Registration deadline: December 31st *
This course is being offered at no charge to encourage experienced hospice and palliative registered nurses to take their practice to the next level and to build workforce expertise in Alaska. Considerable resources are being invested to provide CE credit, prep materials, instructor time, facilities, and food. The registrant is committing to honor these efforts by completing both days of the prep course and taking the CHPN Certification Exam within six months of the course.
To register, email attached letter of commitment to Jessica.Quinn@alaska.gov.